The Women in Bus and Coach initiative aims to create a national network to encourage, represent, support, and retain women in the bus and coach profession. Our National Charter outlines the expectations of everyone who becomes a member in supporting and delivering our vision, mission and goals – we are better together.
A bus and coach industry that embraces gender equality and provides dignity, respect and fairness for all.
Build, Unite and Support Women in the Bus and Coach profession to improve representation, retention, and opportunities for women.
The National Charter represents the commitment by the bus and coach profession to making tangible improvements to gender equality and representation across all levels covering recruitment, retention, and access to career progression.
It provides common values and goals for individuals and organisations to align in their shared pursuit of improvements for women and encourages compassion in all instances.
- Standing in solidarity across the profession to protect each other’s wellbeing and welfare
- Setting, reviewing, and publishing targets for women in all roles throughout our bus and coach industry
- Providing access to networking, learning and development opportunities nationally
- Challenging industry policies and practices that do not adequately support women’s needs
- Identifying and encouraging role models to provide coaching and mentoring opportunities, including among allies to foster a more inclusive culture
- Promoting and celebrating the role of women in bus and coach through both internal and external engagement
- A visible presence in sponsoring and supporting national awards to showcase best practise and champion women and allies throughout the industry
- Fostering a profession where women can gain opportunities to progress their careers by working in partnership with other organisations to share ideas, knowledge and learning